Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Important Post

How could I have forgotten this..... OMIGAWD

Yesterday I also helped my grandma make Rice Wine, which, for those who dont know, is wine made from rice (DUH). My mum wanted me to learn the secret of making it, but it was actually quite easy.

Step 1- Dry glutinous rice. NO WATER MUST BE THERE!!!

Step 2- Put glutinous rice in pot

Step 3- Sprinkle the white powder thing into pot

Step 4(optional)- Sprinkle red powder into pot. ( To give colour and medicinal properties)

Step 5- After a few days, add in some vodka

MUST mix thoroughly, so that rice can touch the white powder.

Well, for this time we didnt put in pot 1st la, cuz got very little rice only. This is becuz the wine is for my ah kim's er, post-birth thing ( DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER )

Yeah, and then rite, becuz there was some leftover, my grandma decided to keep the leftover rice for tmr ( means today ) to make some malay glutinous rice cake thing. But den i used the rice to practice my wu shu :P:P:P and so now, its a paste, and she's still gonna use it to make some cake thing. I kept some of the paste on my hands, and then decided to slather it on my face ( mother says can help the skin ), and then took 10 minutes in the bathroom to scrub it all off. :P. hehe. Just now went to kitchen try the paste. smelled like alchohol but tasted like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment